About Locker Public Relations
Debra Locker, President & Owner, Locker Public Relations
Debra Locker is an award-winning communications professional. For two decades, she has successfully held positions in public relations and journalism that have included pitching and securing key placements in major media outlets, executing large-scale media events, speechwriting, copywriting, video production, on-air and voice-over work, as well as a host of other communications functions.
Launched in September 2008, Locker Public Relations is the culmination of Debra's successful work in the communications industry. Locker PR focuses on turning visionary voices into powerful brands through the strategic use of media relations, video, social media, bylined articles and public speaking. With a niche in wellness and luxury lifestyles, Locker PR's clients represent well-known brands in skin care, spa, wellness consulting and natural health.
Prior to launching Locker PR, Debra served for seven years as the Public Relations Director for the International SPA Association. Her career in communications began in broadcast journalism, including stints as a producer and reporter at WKYT in Lexington, Ky.; WBIR in Knoxville, Tenn.; WLKY in Louisville, Ky.; and WCNC in Charlotte.
As a leading entrepreneur, Debra and was awarded the 2010 Home-Based Small Business Award for Kentucky and Region IV from the U.S. Small Business Administration. Debra is the President of the Board of the Lexington Children’s Theatre and is a sustaining member of the Junior League. This Kentucky native is a graduate of Eastern Kentucky University with a Bachelor's in Broadcast Journalism.
Key Qualifications and Accomplishments
- Locker PR's clients are quoted as experts by leading media outlets including Allure, USA Today, The New York Times, Lucky Mag., Good Housekeeping, Women's Wear Daily, MSNBC, FOX News Channel, DailyCandy, Spa Magazine, Organic Spa, RachaelRay.com and about.com
- Locker PR Chosen as the 2010 Home-Based Small Business Award for Kentucky and Region IV from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Managing all aspects of media events and media tours in key cities including New York and Los Angeles
- Presenting speeches on PR, business etiquette and branding in Canada, Chicago and throughout Kentucky
- Writing and/or ghost-writing articles that appeared in Skin Inc., Les Nouvelles Esthetiques, Pulse, LiveSpa, American Spa and National Hotel Executive. Debra is also a beauty writer for AskMissA.com